Last Updated on December 20, 2021
Address: 8451 W McCain Loop, Tucson, AZ 85735
Phone: (520) 883-4200
I came to the park at Christmas day, so I wasn’t sure if there will be space but there was. When you arrive you have to self-check-in, where you have to put cash in an envelope and fill out some information. I would advise you to first drive around to choose a site. The sites are first-come-first-serve.
The campground itself is in a beautiful desert setting, sites are all gravel, very clean and the brush had grown in, making it private. I believe most sites have wonderful views of the nearby mountains and cactuses. It is far away from the highways so the nights are so quiet you can hear your own heartbeat outside and if there is no full-moon you can see a beautiful sky at night full of stars. The bathrooms are clean, no showers, most of the campers though are RVs. Most sites have electric hookups, water is available and there is a dump station. Everywhere you go there are trailheads, but the roads leading to the campground are pretty bumpy.
The park is a few minutes away from the Sonoran Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park. Also, Old Tucson Studios with rides and entertainment is a couple of miles away. That is perfect for family fun.
- Far away from the highway, so no road noise
- Very clean bathrooms
- There is electricity at the sites
- Private sites with your own picnic bench and table
- There is plenty of things to do in the area for the desert lover. You can go hiking to the many trails, visit the local museum, the National Park or Old Tucson Studios. If you like casinos, there is one within a few minutes drive away. Even Tucson is only 15 minutes away.
- The sites are gravel and not level.
- I don’t think I can think of anything bad. I really liked this park.
I had both working AT&T and Verizon. T-mobile has no service in the area
Will I come back?
If I am in the area, I will most likely come back for a bike ride or hike.