Last Updated on December 20, 2021
Address: 11311 Santa Ana Rd, Ventura, CA 93001
I spent two nights here in May in my small RV. I only stayed at a dry campsite, but they have electric/water hookup sites available. Huge park. You can drive about 2 miles from the gate to reach the other end.
There is a store, a little coffee, you can rent boats, there are trails you can bike or walk, the lake is in a beautiful setting. It was peace and tranquility. I have to add, I was here during the week, the first night I had the section G all by myself. The second night, there was a group which was kind of strange and loud but it wasn’t horrible.
It was a bit warm during the day, I don’t know how people bear the hundred-degree weather during summertime.
- Beautiful setting, green hills all around the lake
- There are shady sections if that’s what you prefer by the creek but there is the beautiful lake view in section G
- There are hookups and dry camping sites. They have a dumpsite.
- Trails are around the lake where you can walk around. It’s really peaceful.
- You can rent boats and kayaks
- Pets are welcome
- They have a water park in the summer for kids, but you will have to pay extra for that
- There is a little camp store with all necessities available, like ice-cream. 🙂
- Sites are uneven, not level
- Paid showers
- There are mostly Porta-Potties, there are few normal bathrooms with showers, I didn’t find them too clean
- It can get really bad if it is crowded. You will have loud neighbors. It’s the perfect group camping place. Huge with lots of spots.
- I had pretty good Sprint, could watch Netflix, and also good Verizon.
Will I be back?
- I will come back probably in the winter when it’s cooler during the day but not too cold to sleep without the furnace.
- I really loved the section G, I think that’s the best area with a lake view. G22 is the best, but G21 is great too! Close to the lake trails.