Address: 1925 Las Virgenes Rd, Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: (818) 880-0367
I used to live in this area and I visited this park a lot. It is in a beautiful setting, it has great well-maintained trails and you can always spot wildlife. I’ve seen deer and a bobcat here before.
I spent my night on a Sunday and the sign “CAMPSITES ARE FULL” was displayed in the front. Since I was already in the line waiting to get in for 15 minutes, I thought I won’t turn around but ask. It turned out it wasn’t full, they just had the sign-out. Most of the sites were empty during the night. I have no idea why they so disorganized.
Then there is a dam and the rock pool where you can jump into the water and take a swim.
This place has been the setting for many movies and TV shows. You can see the remains of the TV Show – The M*A*S*H. There are many shaded picnic areas as well.
- Beautiful setting, mountains, you can swim in the stream.
- Great hiking, rock climbing or mountain bike trails
- Very quiet, I hardly heard traffic noise from my campsite
- It has facilities like coin showers and clean bathrooms
- There is water and a dump site
- The sites are not level
- No hook-ups
- They place the campground full sign-up when it isn’t. Always ask.
- If you go during the weekend the park will be crowded and you won’t have a peaceful night. It can also get dirty, the bathrooms, the pool areas because people leave garbage all over the place. The campsites can get pretty loud and many times quiet hours are not enforced. Just go during the week or in off-seasons.
Sprint didn’t work as usual but Verizon worked great.
Will I be back?