Working remotely allows you to work from anywhere in the World. Most full-time RVers I met through my tribe is working from the road. With most people having multiple responsibilities and chaotic schedules and spending way too much on housing-, working remotely is quickly becoming the ideal way to earn income ESPECIALLY if you want to live full-time in an RV. Online jobs are more abundant than ever and there are a number of fields, so there are options when it comes to working from home.
The most popular remote jobs among RVers include:
- Programming: even if you don’t have the highest education but you know programming that can help you land a great programming job.
- IT: remote IT jobs are also very popular when it comes to work remotely. You can find many opportunities if you have good IT skills.
- Customer service and sales: many phone customer service jobs that was once done through large call centers can now be done remotely. So long as you have a reliable internet connection, you can perform the duties required for customer service and sales positions from your RV.
- Digital marketing: The online market is a booming arena and there is billions in untapped marketing potential. With such a large market to explore, companies are hiring remote digital marketing and social media consultants to increase their presence in the online world.
- Book keepers: book keeping jobs are also one field where you will find opportunities. Especially if you specialize for full-time RV life and if you can help fellow RVers to keep their books in order. This is a very special way of living and hard to find the right way to do our taxes.
- Translators: For those who are bilingual, translators are in high demand. With global expansion becoming a necessity for company success, hiring for individuals proficient in another language is a rising trend.
- Writing: Writing creatively, editing, and proofreading can be done from anywhere and many companies are hiring freelance writers and editors. So long as the work is getting done, the companies do not care if you are working at home or the local coffee shop.
- Blogging: many bloggers are making passive income with their blogs. It’s the best way to make money when on the road, it’s the most flexible way.
Skills you need:
To be successful when working remotely, there are a number of necessary skills you should have. Companies today look for the following skills when hiring for remote positions, so if you proficient in these and desire to have a more flexible schedule, working remotely could be for you.
- Reliability and discipline: when you are working remotely your employer or clients need to know that you are available when they need you. Being reliable and disciplined is very important. Create a to do list for yourself for each day/week and keep yourself to it.
- Problem solving: With remote positions not having direct supervision like traditional work environments, companies want to see individuals that can effectively solve problems and find solutions to different problems.
- Business understanding: A general sense of business is required to work for a company remotely. This will include basic mathematical functions, an understanding of profits and losses, as well as a general comprehension of company goals and objectives.
- Data analysis: Learning how to analyze data, interpret information, and use data measuring tools is an important skill to have when working remotely. Data and technology drives the world these days, so to be successful, you need to be able to navigate and comprehend efficiently.
- Social media: As social media becomes a platform for getting business out there, companies heavily rely on its use to gain success. You don’t need to be a professional digital marketer, but knowledge and familiarity with social media platforms is a big plus for remote jobs.
- Willing to learn: As companies become more diverse, it become necessary to be willing to learn and adapt in order to be successful. Ideal candidates will show their willingness to learn and work on expanding their skillsets.
Apart from being able to avoid the morning commute, there are a number of benefits to working remotely. As more and more online jobs become available, more people opt for the flexibility of working remotely.
- Avoiding traffic: Sitting in traffic every morning and evening not only takes up valuable time but contributes to stress and anxiety. Working remotely removed the stress and hassle of driving to work each day and frees up more time for you to do what matters. AND don’t tell me you like your commute! Would you do it on your free days?
- Saving money: Both the employer and employee save money with remote jobs as you cut down on travel expenses and the costs of running an office can now be dedicated to growing the business.
- Dress code: It is no longer a challenge to figure out what to wear each day when you get to work remotely from home. You don’t have to worry about rushing in the morning to get dressed and you can be comfortable all day long, wearing what suits you.
- Productivity: With less stress from commuting and the benefits of working in your own comfortable environment, studies have found that working remotely increases productivity. Removing office distractions allows people to work more efficiently too and meetings can still be handled via video when needed.
- More personal time: Without the strict 9-to-5 schedule in play, working remotely allows you more time to spend with family and better yourself. People working remotely report that they have more time to exercise and get in shape as well as spend more time with loved ones.
- Being anywhere you’d like: the most important benefit of all is freedom to be anywhere you want which allows you to create a life you truly want filled with adventures.
If you’d like to RV full-time try to find a job where is no set schedule to sit front of a computer each day in business hours. That is way too restricted. Try to find one where you have some flexibility to create your own hours. This will allow you more freedom to decide when you travel and when you hang out with friends.
Working remotely has many advantages and it is clear to see why the online job market continues to grow. There are plenty of fields offering online jobs accommodating a number of skill sets. If you are looking to free up some time, lower your stress, and control your own work environment, look into working remotely today and join the full-time RVer community.